Japanese certified tax accountant
Available in English and Chinese
Located in central Osaka city

Welcome to our firm! We YK Tax provides non-Japanese speaking clients with tax and accounting services in English/Chinese. A lot of foreign clients choose us when developing their business in Osaka.

I am Kensuke Yamamoto, (call me Ken, please) a certified tax accountant with more than 10 years of tax accounting experience including working in international tax department at Deloitte Tohmatsu Tax Co., providing tax and accounting services with foreign corporations’ subsidiary in Japan.
I studied abroad at Evergreen State College in the state of Washington (WA) for a year when I was a university student and passed the U.S. Certified Public Accountant examination before starting my own tax accountant office in Osaka. (I am also teaching U.S. accounting and tax laws at Abitus U.S.CPA school.)



Fee for the services above is estimated taking your situation (the scale of business operations, accounting records and materials, accounting work experience, etc.) into account. If you need a specific fee quote, please feel free to contact us directly.

Services Prices
Company establishment Legal costs are starting from 60,000 JPY for G.K. and 200,000 JPY for K.K.
Procedure cost for registration lawyer is estimated separately.
Status of residence Business manager visa:
220,000 JPY to obtain and 66,000 JPY to update as procedure cost for immigration lawyer.
Fee for the other visas (if necessary) are estimated separately.
Tax and Accounting Fees are starting from the following:
- 12,100 JPY (including JCT) per month for tax advisory
(16,500 JPY (including JCT) with English translation)
- 110,000 JPY (including JCT) per filing corporate income tax return
- 8,800 JPY (including JCT) per month for journal entry


Kensuke Yamamoto's Profile
Born in Kakogawa city, Hyogo prefecture
Graduated from Kobe University of Commerce(studying abroad at Evergreen State College (WA) for a year)
Started working for tax and accounting industry
Worked for international tax department at Deloitte Tohmatsu Tax Co.
Passed the JP certified tax accountant exam and USCPA exam
Opened own tax accountant office in Osaka

Representative greetings


Office name
Yamamoto Kensuke Tax Accountant Office
July, 2019
3-6-32 Imafukunishi, Joto-ku, Osaka DG Building Gamo 4-4A, Osaka, 536-0004, Japan
・Tax advisory (Japanese domestic and international)
・Filing tax return (corporate/individual income tax, consumption tax, etc.)
・Journal entry
・Company establishment (with registration lawyer)
・Status of residence (with immigration lawyer)


How does foreign company start its business in Japan?

Foreign company has three ways to start its business in Japan.

  • Representative office
  • Branch
  • Subsidiary

For more information, please view the related Q&A below.
What is “Representative office”?

Representative office (hereinafter, referred to as “RO”) is established as a location for foreign company to conduct “preparatory or auxiliary activity” before starting its business in Japan. “Preparatory or auxiliary activity” includes marketing survey, collecting information, purchase of goods or merchandise and advertising although it does not include signing a contract and sales activity.

RO can be established without commercial registration and Japanese corporate income tax is not be levied on its “preparatory or auxiliary activity”.

RO is not an entity and it cannot be a contracting party, so representative person of the RO or a responsible person from home country sign a contract to open its bank account and to rent an office on behalf of the RO.

RO can hire staffs and pay their salary. When the salary is paid by the RO, employee’s income tax has to be deducted from the salary and RO should pay it to the tax authority.
What kind of features does “Branch” have?

Foreign company has to register itself at Legal Affairs Bureau before conducting continuous business transaction in Japan. Branch registration is the simplest way for foreign company to establish its business activity location in Japan when the company member has already resided in Japan because the representative person of the branch is required to be a resident in Japan in its registration. If you plan to establish an entity in Japan without a representative person who lives in Japan, to establish a subsidiary should suit you more.

Branch is expected to conduct its business according to the decision made by its head office and basically has no function of making decision for its activity in Japan. Assets, liabilities, revenues, costs and expenses generated by the branch’s business activity belong to its head office and the head office is responsible for bearing Japanese corporate income tax and any other tax related to the branch’s business activity.

Branch can be a contracting party so it can open its bank account and rent an office in its name.
What kind of features does “Subsidiary” have?

When you plan to establish a Japanese entity without a representative person who lives in Japan, subsidiary establishment should be the best solution for you. Subsidiary is a separate entity from its parent company and the parent company should owe the limited responsibility within the investment.

There are two main forms of Japanese company establishment which are “Kabushiki-Kaisha” (hereinafter, referred to as “K.K.”) and “Godo-Kaisha” (hereinafter, referred to as “G.K.”). Investor of corporate forms other than K.K. and G.K. has to owe unlimited responsibility to corporate liabilities, so either K.K. or G.K. is chosen by almost all of the foreign investors.
What is the difference between K.K. and G.K.?

Both K.K. and G.K. can be registered with 1 JPY of capital and with one investor (either individual or corporate can be the investor), and the investor has the limited liability within the investment. One of difference between K.K. and G.K. is its establishment cost. It costs more than 200, 000 JPY for K.K. establishment while it is 60,000 JPY for G.K. Also, K.K. has to set the term of office for its directors and officers (the term can be set as 10 years under certain condition) while there is no regulation for G.K. officer’s term of office.

It is said that G.K. could be treated as pass-through entity under U.S. “Check-the-box Classification Regulations”. K.K. will not be treated as pass-through entity so this is one of difference between the two forms.
With regard to its employees’ income tax on the salary,
what kind of responsibility does company (employer) have in Japan?

Surprisingly, it is employer’s obligation to calculate and pay the employee’s income tax in Japan. Employer estimates its employee’s income tax every month and deduct the amount from his/her salary before paying it to tax authority next month.

Individual income tax calculation term is from January 1st to December 31st in Japan, so employer calculate the employee’s income tax at the end of the year. When the final determined tax amount excesses the monthly deducted amount, the difference will be collected from the employee additionally. On the other hand, when it is less than the monthly deducted amount, the difference will be refunded to the employee. The employer has to report its total salary paid and determined income tax to the tax authority. This procedure is called “Nemmatsu Chosei” which means “Year-end Adjustment”.

Please feel free to contact us! If you have any questions about tax issues, accounting or doing business in Japan, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Advance reservation recommended

Telephone Inquiry

Tel number | Yamamoto Kensuke Tax Accountant Office Tel number | Yamamoto Kensuke Tax Accountant Office

E-mail Inquiry

Yamamoto Kensuke Tax Accountant Office contact formContact form